It Takes a Village!
A program where single parents completing college can
live, learn & lean on each other
Everything single parents need to complete college, in one place.
Live close to campus in community with other students focused on completing college while parenting solo. Have access to supportive services & fun activities onsite. All at an affordable rate that's lower than most rents-thanks to our amazing support network.
We can help you with financial aid applications & enrollment beforehand to make sure you can afford to stay in school without stretching yourself too far. We want you to have MORE time with friends and family.
You don't have to do it alone
We're Better Together!
Receiving Coaching & Connections from community leaders
Our members gain access to proven professionals who want to see our student parents succeed. Coaching, connections, and community are all included in our program.
Childcare Available Onsite
- Interested in living & learning in community with other single parent students, supportive peers and a high level of accountability to reach your goals.
- Enrolled or have been admitted in an approved post secondary educational program with at least 1 year left before graduation. (Received High School graduate or GED/HiSET.)
- 18 years of age at least one month before move-in date.
- Single parent with primary custody of your child/children or pregnant & planning to parent.
- Highly motivated to complete college to pursue a living wage career
- Children enrolled in quality early learning center, educational institution or eligible & willing to enroll in Little Scholars at Scholar Village.
- Qualifying schools: UTC, Chattanooga State & some other 4 year institutions. Students at for-profit schools are not eligible at this time.